Monday, April 5, 2010

A Little Behind


So obviously I suck at keeping up with this blog, but I'll try to do better. Another obvious statement - a lot has happened since my last blog! So let me try to catch up a bit and at least give some highlights.

The month of January was pretty low-key (at least until January 26th :) ). We didn't plan anything and used the time to prepare for Caleb's arrival and rest up while we could. We watched TV episodes on the computer,



Chris attempted to knit,




and we played some Wii Fit and MarioKart. A couple of weeks before Caleb was born we went to a Shane and Shane concert which was really good. As of my 39 week appointment I was still only 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. Nothing happened the following week and we left for the hospital the night of Monday January 25th to be induced the next day. Tuesday morning they started the induction and everything was moving along smoothly until Caleb's heart rate kept dropping and my doctor informed me that we may have to go for a C-Section. Shortly after Caleb's heart rate dropped and didn't come back up and we went for an emergency C-Section just after 12:00 p.m. It all happened so fast and before I knew it we were in the OR and they had started surgery. I was obviously numb and I must say the sensation was one of the strangest I've ever felt. At 12:26 p.m. I heard the most beautiful sound as my son exercised his lungs and vocal cords for the first time. I got to see him for about 30 seconds before they took him to be weighed, measured, bathed, etc:



A little while later they brought him to my room and I finally got to meet the little guy when I was a bit more with it and not so tired. It was a beautiful meeting:


Gram knitted him some booties that were so cute!


I could of course put loads of photos on here, but I won't. Some of the highlights include:

First outing (to his first doctor's appt. and to Target):


First bath at home:


First snow - in Texas!!


Going shopping and trying on sunglasses:


First St. Patrick's Day:


Playing with Eeyore:


A trip to Ft. Worth Botanic Gardens:


and his first Easter:


So we've enjoyed being with our families and letting them soak up all the time they can with him before we leave. We'll make one more trip down to see Chris' family in SE Texas. We'll go to a family reunion and celebrate our nephews' birthdays and I'll go to my sister-in-law's baby shower. Then we'll return to Lewisville and my best friend will arrive for a visit to meet Caleb and help celebrate my birthday. Our appointment service will be in Chicago on May 4th and we will depart for London on May 13th. It's coming so fast! We would appreciate prayers as we wrap up our time here, pack, and say some hard good-byes before heading back to London.

1 comment:

  1. he is so unbelievably adorable. I LOVE your family photo, good of you all. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time here...i can not imagine how difficult those good-byes will be...so, I will be praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete