Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cereal


They seem to be big on healthy cereals here. Sure, you'll find some Cocoa Pops and Frosted Flakes (which is actually the store brand name here; the Kellogg's brand is Frosties). But for the most part the cereals are on the healthy side. Which is probably a good thing and I've found cereals I like so it's all good. But the other day I was just really wanting some Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Which I know they don't have here. So last week I was in a little shop, that's kind of like a small 7-11, looking for cereal. I figured I'd just get some honey cheerios and be on my way. But then I saw this:
As I read the box and looked at the picture I thought, could it be? So I bought it and had some when I got home. Actually first I smelled it and it smelled just like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. This is a good sign, I thought. So I took the first bite and said, Well that just made my day! It's the simple things really. :)

3 comments:

  1. welp, I read this and then went to the pantry and ate some as well:) And when you are pregnant-it REALLY makes your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad to see Weetabix introduced here not long after we moved. At first, you could only get 'organic' weetabix in WF, but thankfully now Trader Joes stock it for under $3 bucks. Love it ! Isn't it great sometimes to get a little taste of home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, little tastes of home are great. Second to my family, I think food is the thing I miss the most. The kinds of baby food I've seen here are...interesting. That will be a fun new experience!

    ReplyDelete